One sleepless night a few months back, my mind wandered to making a list of the things I want to tell myself in the moments when I lose my way. I’m sharing again, after some road testing and fine tuning, and imagining this evolving as I evolve. I wonder what resonates for you?
- Commit to yourself. And if that feels beyond possible in the moment, commit to committing to yourself.
- Stay in the game. Even when you are at a loss for how to stick it out or what to do next. Hold steady. At some point, the winds will shift. An opening will appear.
- Feel your feelings but do not fall into them. You are not your feelings. You. Are. So. Much. More.
- Don’t criticize yourself for being in the muck. Chances are, self blame and criticism are part of the pattern that created the muck in the first place.
- Seek the most expanded vision. Look for the perspectives you haven’t yet seen.
- Forgive, let go, move on. Resist the temptation to look back. Forgive, let go, move on.
- Move towards those who delight your Being. Beyond logic and language, what’s the feeling in your Being when you’re in someone’s midst?
- Drop the need to explain yourself. You are who you are, you feel what you feel, you want what you want. These are non-negotiables. Just don’t be an asshole about it.
- Become a karma-clearing ninja. When you encounter someone who triggers your shit, be grateful. They are an angel in disguise. This is an opportunity to clear karma. Keep working it until you find your sense of wholeness and freedom again.
- Get outside. Be with the trees.