I am committed to protecting your privacy and take very seriously the usage, collection and transference of personal data. The policy below states my current privacy practices with regard to the information I collect when your computer or you personally interact with my website.
Participating Vendor/Merchant Policies
This website offers services (like data collection forms) that link to websites other than www.ElizabethHunterDiamond.com. These sites have their own privacy terms. Because I do not have direct control over these sites, I am not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of those sites.
Below you will find links to the sites I partner with, along with links to their privacy policies. I recommend that you review these policies before providing personal or confidential data or before completing any transactions with these sites.
Information Collection & Cookies
First, what is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that I/we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. You can find more information about web cookies here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
I use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for you to use the features available on this website. They include, for example, the ability to login and post a comment.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow me to recognize, track, and count the number of visitors who come to this website. They also allow me to track broken pages on the website and to count what visitors do when they click through the website.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow me to track and remember your preferences for my website. For example, I can personalized content for you, greet you by name and/or remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
I use two different kinds of cookies on this website: First party and third party cookies (both defined in detail on the wikipedia link above).
These cookies are specifically about www.ElizabethHunterDiamond.com and track your usage of this website. These cookies are considered essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, include:
- Visitor ID – this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit — it is anonymous and contains no personally identifying information.
- Page number – this cookie identifies the page you are on.
- Session ID – this cookie identifies your website session.
- Test – this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies.
This website sets different types of third-party cookies to track usage, social sharing and more. These cookies are not under my control, and serve to help me understand the visitors who come to the website, as well as support my connection to other third party sites. (Again, see the wikipedia page above for detailed explanations of third party services/cookies).
Included in my list of third-party cookies are the following services:
- Blog Comments- If you leave a comment on my site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
Your rights with cookies:
Cookies are set by many entities and may include the website’s owners/developers/managers, plugins, third-party providers, advertisers and anyone else who collects or uses the website’s data.
As a user of this (or any) website, you can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of some, or all cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site.
To learn how to block cookies, simply go to Google and type in “how do I block cookies” on whatever browser you use (Chrome, Firefox etc.) and you will find the details needed to block some or all cookies on your browser.
In addition to the non-personally identifiable data collected by cookies, this website also offers the ability to contact me via contact forms, newsletter registration forms, downloadable ebooks, free downloadable gifts, webinars and other similar files.
To receive free gifts from this website, I require that you share your personal information consisting of your first name and your email address. In most cases, information is gathered and stored in the website database or via a third-party service (e.g. MailChimp). All information gathered via any form on this website can be deleted upon request.
Information and informational items are provided in exchange for adding your email address and possibly your first name to my mailing list. My mailing list is stored and executed via Mailchimp for the sole purpose of communicating information, as well as occasional marketing of services and products. You may unsubscribe from said email list at any time by using the unsubscribe link provided in every email.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When visitors leave comments on the site, the data collection form collects the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your Data Rights
If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided to me. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your information is never shared or sold to others for marketing purposes, and is only shared with third party services as necessary and explained above. If at any time you wish to find out how your data is stored and/or opt out of communication, email, or to have your data deleted, please direct your request to the email below.
If you wish to contact me, the best way is as follows:
Email: elizabeth [at] elizabethhunterdiamond.com